Family Planning Program
The Family Planning Program offers comprehensive medical examinations including:
● Pelvic exams
● Pap tests to screen for cervical cancer
● Clinical breast exams and instruction
● Testicular exams and instruction (males)
● Screening and treatment for some sexually transmitted diseases
● Health education and counseling
● Pregnancy tests
● Follow-up and referral for identified medical needs
● Basic infertility information
The following guidelines must be met in order to qualify:
● You must be a female or a male of childbearing age, including adolescents who may not yet be sexually active; and at risk of unintended pregnancy and in need of family planning/contraceptive services;
● You must be a woman seeking pregnancy;
● Your documented income must be at or below 250% of the current Federal Poverty Level, based on current sliding fee scale; AND
● You must be uninsured or underinsured (you have no insurance or your insurance does not cover annual services or birth control)
Note: If your plan does not cover birth control supplies, you are required to bring an insurance statement that confirms this.
Medicaid HMO recipients are ineligible for this service, as the HMO should cover the service.
Family Planning visits are scheduled by appointment on every other Monday of the month. Please call to verify what dates and times are available.
Family Planning visits are performed at low-cost or are free of charge and also offers birth control supplies.
To visit the WV State Family Planning website, please click here